Handmade Crochet Kangaroo Pattern – Free Link. I had a request from a friend to make a crochet kangaroo as a gift for someone moving to Australia.
Look how cute he turned out!
For your Handmade Crochet Kangaroo Pattern you will need:
- 3mm crochet hook
- DK yarn in Honey (main body colour) approx. 50g
- DK yarn in White
- White – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Black (for facial details)
- Black – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Soft toy filling
- Ribbon (for the bow,if using)
- Darning needle to sew it all together
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
Stitches / Abbreviations: (Pattern is in UK Crochet Terms)
Swap all DC stitches to SC for US Terms
- MR – Magic Ring
- DC – Double Crochet (UK) / SC – Single Crochet (US)
- INC – Increase
- DEC – Decrease
- SS – Slip Stitch
- St/Sts – Stitch / Stitches
Handmade Crochet Kangaroo Pattern – Free Link & Notes
NOTE: This is not my pattern. This lovely pattern is from Lincraft and here is the link:
All credit goes to this fantastic designer.
I omitted the bandana and made him a belly patch instead. I also changed the eyes and nose/mouth to sewn on instead of buttons.
Belly Patch Pattern
Swap DC stitches to SC for US terms
- Make a magic ring (MR), 6DC into MR (6sts) – do not join to first stitch, carry on working in the round
- Inc in each st x 6 (12sts)
- 1DC, inc x 6 (18sts)
- 2DC, inc x 6 (24sts)
- 3DC, inc x 6 (30sts)
- 4DC, inc x 6 (36sts)
- 5DC, inc x 6 (42sts)
- 6DC, inc x 6 (48sts)
- 7DC, inc x 6 (54sts)
- SS, Fasten off (leaving a long piece of yarn for sewing to body) and sew to kangaroos tummy.
He turned out great and I loved making him. I may turn him into a girl next time with a pouch and a baby joey.