Handmade Crochet Kangaroo Pattern – Free Link. I had a request from a friend to make a crochet kangaroo as a gift for someone moving to Australia.
Look how cute he turned out!
For your Handmade Crochet Kangaroo Pattern you will need:
- 3mm crochet hook
- DK yarn in Honey (main body colour) approx. 50g
- DK yarn in White
- White – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Black (for facial details)
- Black – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Soft toy filling
- Ribbon (for the bow,if using)
- Darning needle to sew it all together
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
Stitches / Abbreviations: (Pattern is in UK Crochet Terms)
Swap all DC stitches to SC for US Terms
- MR – Magic Ring
- DC – Double Crochet (UK) / SC – Single Crochet (US)
- INC – Increase
- DEC – Decrease
- SS – Slip Stitch
- St/Sts – Stitch / Stitches
Handmade Crochet Kangaroo Pattern – Free Link & Notes
NOTE: This is not my pattern. This lovely pattern is from Lincraft and here is the link:
All credit goes to this fantastic designer.
I omitted the bandana and made him a belly patch instead. I also changed the eyes and nose/mouth to sewn on instead of buttons.
Belly Patch Pattern
Swap DC stitches to SC for US terms
- Make a magic ring (MR), 6DC into MR (6sts) – do not join to first stitch, carry on working in the round
- Inc in each st x 6 (12sts)
- 1DC, inc x 6 (18sts)
- 2DC, inc x 6 (24sts)
- 3DC, inc x 6 (30sts)
- 4DC, inc x 6 (36sts)
- 5DC, inc x 6 (42sts)
- 6DC, inc x 6 (48sts)
- 7DC, inc x 6 (54sts)
- SS, Fasten off (leaving a long piece of yarn for sewing to body) and sew to kangaroos tummy.
He turned out great and I loved making him. I may turn him into a girl next time with a pouch and a baby joey.
Follow my blog by joining my email list
Do not copy, sell or translate any of the images on this page without authorisation. You can share to Social Media but please link back to this page. Thank you.
Copyright © Beejui Creations 2018 – 2021. All Rights Reserved.