Crochet Mini Easter Egg – Free Pattern
Created by ©BeejuiCreations 2018-2022
Crochet Mini Easter Egg – Free Pattern. It’s feeling very Spring like outside today with the sun shining and the little birds tweeting. With Easter only a few weeks away I have created these little Crochet Mini Easter Egg. Look how cute they are!
This is part of a crochet series where the initial pattern is the crocheted Easter egg. The other patterns in this series are where we then turn the egg into this bunny, a chick and a carrot. All created in DK yarn.
You could use these as decorations or hide them for your Easter egg hunts. You could also make them into a keyring or add a piece of ribbon to the top and use them as home decor, you choose!
If you would prefer the Ad Free PDF Pattern, you can purchase it in my shop here: Crochet Easter Egg PDF Pattern
For this Crochet Mini Easter Egg – Free Pattern you will need:
- 4mm crochet hook
- White – White Stylecraft Special DK yarn
- Pink – Candy Floss Stylecraft Special DK yarn
- Yellow – Lemon Stylecraft Special DK yarn
- Blue – Cloud Blue Stylecraft Special DK yarn
- Green – Poundland yarn – Similar colour yarn Aspen Stylecraft Special DK Yarn
- Purple- I used a ball of lilac coloured yarn I found in my stash but can’t remember where I bought it from. Parma Violet Stylecraft Special DK yarn may be similar.
(I’m unsure of the amount I used but it was definitely less than 25g for each egg)
- Soft toy filling – https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/soft-toy-filling-200g/630191-1000?_br_psugg_q=soft+toy+stuffing
- Darning needle to sew it all together
- Keyring attachment or ribbon (if using)
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
Stitches / Abbreviations: (US Crochet)
For UK – SC (single crochet) = DC (double crochet)
- MR – Magic Ring
- SC – Single Crochet
- INC – Increase
- DEC – Decrease
- SS – Slip Stitch
- St/Sts – Stitch / Stitches
Crochet Mini Easter Egg – Yarn of your choice
- Make a magic ring (MR)
- 6SC into MR (6sts) – do not join to first stitch, carry on working in the round
- INC in each st x 6 (12sts)
- 1SC, INC x 6 (18sts)
- 2SC, INC x 6 (24sts)
- 3SC, INC x 6 (30sts)
- 4SC, INC x 6 (36sts)
- 1SC in each st (36sts) x 6 rows
- 10SC, DEC x 3 (33sts)
- 9SC, DEC x 3 (30sts)
- 8SC, DEC x 3 (27sts)
- 7SC, DEC x 3 (24sts)
- 6SC, DEC x 3 (21sts)
- 5SC, DEC x 3 (18sts)
- 4SC, DEC x 3 (15sts)
Start filling with Soft Toy Filling
- 3SC, DEC x 3 (12sts)
- DEC x 6 (6sts)
- SS, Fasten off (sew in left over yarn)
For a hanging decoaration:
Sew a loop of ribbon to the top of the egg. Add a bow or other embellishments to bling it up.
For a keyring:
Attach a keyring attachment by sewing the keyring to the egg securely.
I hope you have enjoyed making your very own Crochet Mini Easter Egg – Free Pattern. I would love to see your makes, please leave me a photo in the comments!
Follow my blog by joining my email list
Check out my other amigurumi patterns –
If you need any further guidance please contact me at Beejui Creations. Or if you would like to show your appreciation for this pattern please feel free to buy me a coffee 🙂
Show your appreciation of my content and buy me a coffee 🙂 Thanks for supporting small businesses.
Notice: This pattern is for personal use ONLY. This pattern or parts of it must not be reproduced or published (printed or online), altered, resold or used for commercial purposes without authorization.
Do not copy, sell or translate any of the images on this page without authorisation. You can share to Social Media but please link back to this page. Thank you.
Copyright © Beejui Creations 2018 – 2022. All Rights Reserved.