Crochet Easter Carrot Pattern – Free
Created by ©BeejuiCreations 2018-2022
Crochet Easter Carrot Pattern – Free. With Easter only a few weeks away, this week I have created the Crochet Mini Easter Eggs, a Crochet Easter Baby Chick, a Crochet Easter Egg Bunny and a basket. Following the same pattern as the crochet mini Easter eggs, I have turned them into these little crochet carrots. They’ve turned out so cute!
This is part of a crochet series where the initial pattern is the crocheted Easter egg. The other patterns in this series are where we then turn the egg into this carrot, a bunny, a chick and a basket to keep them all in. All created in DK yarn.
You could use these as decorations or hide them for your Easter egg hunts. You could also make them into a keyring or add a piece of ribbon to the top and use them as home decor, you choose!
For this Crochet Easter Carrot Pattern you will need:
- 4mm crochet hook
- Orange – Jaffa Stylecraft Special DK yarn
- Green – the one I used was from my stash and I can’t remember where I bought it – Sorry!
- Black – Black Stylecraft Special DK yarn
(I’m unsure of the amount I used but it was definitely less than 25g for each carrot)
- Soft toy filling – https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/soft-toy-filling-200g/630191-1000?_br_psugg_q=soft+toy+stuffing
- Darning needle to sew it all together
- Keyring attachment or ribbon (if using)
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
Stitches / Abbreviations: (US Crochet)
For UK – SC (single crochet) = DC (double crochet)
- MR – Magic Ring
- SC – Single Crochet
- INC – Increase
- DEC – Decrease
- SS – Slip Stitch
- St/Sts – Stitch / Stitches
Crochet Easter Carrot Pattern – Orange / Jaffa Yarn
- Make a magic ring (MR)
- 6SC into MR (6sts) – do not join to first stitch, carry on working in the round
- INC in each st x 6 (12sts)
- 1SC, INC x 6 (18sts)
- 2SC, INC x 6 (24sts)
- 3SC, INC x 6 (30sts)
- 4SC, INC x 6 (36sts)
- 1SC in each st (36sts) x 6 rows
- 10SC, DEC x 3 (33sts)
- 9SC, DEC x 3 (30sts)
- 8SC, DEC x 3 (27sts)
- 7SC, DEC x 3 (24sts)
- 6SC, DEC x 3 (21sts)
- 5SC, DEC x 3 (18sts)
- 4SC, DEC x 3 (15sts)
Start filling with Soft Toy Filling
- 3SC, DEC x 3 (12sts)
- DEC x 6 (6sts)
- SS, Fasten off (sew in left over yarn)
Carrot Top – Green Yarn
- CH11, turn
- Starting in 2nd CH from hook *1SC, INC* repeat *-* 5 times to end
- Fasten off (leaving enough yarn for sewing to the top of the carrot)
Sew each carrot top to the top of the carrot securely.
To Finish your Carrot
- Eyes & mouth – Sew in black yarn
- For a hanging decoration – Sew a loop of ribbon to the top of the egg. Add a bow or other embellishments to bling it up.
- For a keyring – Attach a keyring attachment by sewing the keyring to the egg securely.
I hope you have enjoyed making your very own Crochet Easter Carrot Pattern – Free. I would love to see your makes, please leave me a photo in the comments!
Follow my blog by joining my email list
Check out my other Easter amigurumi patterns –
If you need any further guidance please contact me at Beejui Creations. Or if you would like to show your appreciation for this pattern please feel free to buy me a coffee 🙂
Show your appreciation of my content and buy me a coffee 🙂 Thanks for supporting small businesses.
Notice: This pattern is for personal use ONLY. This pattern or parts of it must not be reproduced or published (printed or online), altered, resold or used for commercial purposes without authorization.
Do not copy, sell or translate any of the images on this page without authorisation. You can share to Social Media but please link back to this page. Thank you.
Copyright © Beejui Creations 2018 – 2022. All Rights Reserved.