Scamp the Westie Dog – Free Crochet Pattern link. Scamp, this cute little fella is my friends dog and she requested I crochet her a miniature version.
Here’s the gorgeous little man himself:
I had so much fun crocheting this pattern. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
This would make a beautiful gift for someone special to cherish forever.
Scamp the Westie Dog – Free Crochet Pattern link
Materials I used on this project:
I used a 3.5mm crochet hook, but you could probably get away with using a 4mm.
The yarn I used is Stylecraft Special DK in:
- White – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Black – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Grey – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Matador – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
Soft Toy Filling
The best soft toy filling I have found is from Hobbycraft. It’s usually on offer, so the more you buy the cheaper the price – https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/soft-toy-filling-200g/630191-1000?_br_psugg_q=soft+toy+stuffing
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
Scamp the Westie Dog – Crochet Pattern link & notes
NOTE: This is not my pattern. This lovely pattern is from Ravelry and here is the link:
All credit goes to this fantastic designer – Jessica Pilhede.
I shortened the body slightly by removing a couple of the middle rows. I also attached fur to the face only.
Collar: 11CH, turn, 1SC in each st to end. Check to make sure it fits around the neck and sew together.
- Make a magic ring (MR)
- 6sc into MR (6sts) – do not join to first stitch, carry on working in the round
- Inc in each st x 6 (12sts)
- SS, Fasten off (leaving a long piece of yarn for making segments)
- Embroider initial onto the tag
- Sew onto collar
Apart from the fur being a pain to add to the finished project, it was a fun and turned out really well. My friend loves him.
I hope you have enjoyed creating your very own Scamp the Westie. I would really love to see your creations from this pattern, please share a photo in the comments.
If you need any further guidance please contact me at Beejui Creations.