Scamp the Westie Dog – Free Crochet Pattern link. Scamp, this cute little fella is my friends dog and she requested I crochet her a miniature version.
Here’s the gorgeous little man himself:
I had so much fun crocheting this pattern. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
This would make a beautiful gift for someone special to cherish forever.
Scamp the Westie Dog – Free Crochet Pattern link
Materials I used on this project:
I used a 3.5mm crochet hook, but you could probably get away with using a 4mm.
The yarn I used is Stylecraft Special DK in:
- White – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Black – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Grey – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Matador – Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
Soft Toy Filling
The best soft toy filling I have found is from Hobbycraft. It’s usually on offer, so the more you buy the cheaper the price – https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/soft-toy-filling-200g/630191-1000?_br_psugg_q=soft+toy+stuffing
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
Scamp the Westie Dog – Crochet Pattern link & notes
NOTE: This is not my pattern. This lovely pattern is from Ravelry and here is the link:
All credit goes to this fantastic designer – Jessica Pilhede.
I shortened the body slightly by removing a couple of the middle rows. I also attached fur to the face only.
Collar: 11CH, turn, 1SC in each st to end. Check to make sure it fits around the neck and sew together.
- Make a magic ring (MR)
- 6sc into MR (6sts) – do not join to first stitch, carry on working in the round
- Inc in each st x 6 (12sts)
- SS, Fasten off (leaving a long piece of yarn for making segments)
- Embroider initial onto the tag
- Sew onto collar
Apart from the fur being a pain to add to the finished project, it was a fun and turned out really well. My friend loves him.
I hope you have enjoyed creating your very own Scamp the Westie. I would really love to see your creations from this pattern, please share a photo in the comments.
If you need any further guidance please contact me at Beejui Creations.
Follow my blog by joining my email list
Do not copy, sell or translate any of the images on this page without authorisation. You can share to Social Media but please link back to this page. Thank you.
Copyright © Beejui Creations 2018 – 2021. All Rights Reserved.