Little Crochet Pumpkin Pattern – Free
Created by ©BeejuiCreations 2018-2021
Little Crochet Pumpkin Pattern – Free. Feeling very Autumnal outside today so I got my crochet hooks out and made a cute little crochet pumpkin. Look how cute he is!
You could make this into a keyring or add a piece of ribbon / yarn to the top of the head, like I have, to hang it up or leave it as a small soft plushie, you choose!
Little Crochet Pumpkin Pattern you will need:
- 4mm crochet hook
- Jaffa Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Cypress Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
- Black Stylecraft Special DK yarn from Deramores – https://tidd.ly/385q5aU
(I’m unsure of the amount I used but it was less than 25g for the Jaffa and only a small amount of Cyprus & Black were needed)
- Soft toy filling – https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/soft-toy-filling-200g/630191-1000?_br_psugg_q=soft+toy+stuffing
- Darning needle to sew it all together
- Keyring attachment or ribbon (if using)
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
Stitches / Abbreviations: (US Crochet)
- MR – Magic Ring
- SC – Single Crochet
- HDC – Half Double Crochet
- DC – Double Crochet
- INC – Increase
- DEC – Decrease
- CH – Chain stitch
- SS – Slip Stitch
- St/Sts – Stitch / Stitches
Little Crochet Pumpkin Pattern – Jaffa Yarn
- Make a magic ring (MR)
- 6sc into MR (6sts) – do not join to first stitch, carry on working in the round
- Inc in each st x 6 (12sts)
- 1sc, inc x 6 (18sts)
- 2sc, inc x 6 (24sts)
- 3sc, inc x 6 (30sts)
- 4sc, inc x 6 (36sts)
- 5sc, inc x 6 (42sts)
- 6sc, inc x 6(48sts)
- 7sc, inc x 6 (54sts)
- 1Sc in each st x 9 rows (54sts)
- 7sc, dec x 6 (48sts)
- 6sc, dec x 6 (42sts)
- 5sc, dec x 6 (36sts)
- 4sc, dec x 6 (30sts)
- 3sc, dec x 6 (24sts)
- Start Stuffing with soft toy filling
- 2sc, dec x 6 (18sts)
- 1sc, dec x 6 (12sts)
- Dec x 6 (6sts)
- SS, Fasten off (leaving a long piece of yarn for making segments)
Using the long piece leftover after fastening off, thread a darning needle and sew straight through centre hole at the top to centre hole at the bottom. Bring thread up on outside of pumpkin and back through the top hole. Do this six times leaving a similar gap between each pumpkin segment.
Once you have six segments on the pumpkin, pull thread to tighten all segments to sort of squish it into a pumpkin shape. Once you are happy with the shape, sew into bottom of hole to secure and fasten off.
(Bring thread through pumpkin and cut off excess to hide leftover thread inside pumpkin).
Leaves & Stalk – Cyprus Yarn
- Make a magic ring (MR)
- 4sc into MR (4sts) do not join to first stitch, carry on working in the round
- 1sc in each st x 3 rows (4sts) (stalk)
- * Stop working in the round *
- **Ch 6, SC into 2nd ch from Hook, HDC, DC, DC, HDC, SS into start of CH, SS into next st of stalk**
- Repeat ** to ** twice more
- Fasten off (leaving a long piece of yarn for sewing onto top of pumpkin)
Sew onto top of pumpkin.
If using yarn for a hanging the pumpkin, use left over strand of yarn from stalk. Sew through the stalk and repeat with the beginning tail of yarn, tie these together at stalk. Measure approximately 10cm in length to ends of yarn and knot to form a loop.
Or attach a keyring attachment.
Using black yarn, sew on a cute face.
I hope you have enjoyed making your very own Cute Little Pumpkin . I would love to see your makes, leave me a photo in the comments!
Follow my blog by joining my email list
Check out my other amigurumi patterns –
If you need any further guidance please contact me at Beejui Creations. Or would like to show your appreciation for this pattern please feel free to buy me a coffee 🙂
Show your appreciation of my content and buy me a coffee 🙂 Thanks for supporting small businesses.
Notice: This pattern is for personal use ONLY. This pattern or parts of it must not be reproduced or published (printed or online), altered, resold or used for commercial purposes without authorization.
Do not copy, sell or translate any of the images on this page without authorisation. You can share to Social Media but please link back to this page. Thank you.
Copyright © Beejui Creations 2018 – 2021. All Rights Reserved.